Flexing things on an alternate sound signature is man of the moment Mark de Clive Lowe. His gorgeous remix injects some synth keys, reminiscent of the nineties sound of Detroit techno which has been emulated by many. Indeed, a worthwhile display, it sits on top of plucky guitar and sombre percussion which shines eloquently more so on the Instrumental version. Offering an experimental boost in Dubstep, DJ/producer Crisis Kid cleverly reverses Mariella’s vocals and then weaves it amongst grating saw tooth synths that line up with a percolating dubby rhythm to follow the teasing built up intro. Bound for DJs set where the more grimy the sound the more this’ll have heads tilting in awe on dance floors. ‘Lovesick’ is released on Tru Statement Entertainment records, and will for a limited time be available digitally from 28th March 2011 on Traxsource.com.
Just some of the positive feedback
• King Britt (FiveSix Media, US) – Instantly in my box….MdCl brings a nice techy edge to the vibe…beautiful!
• Phil Asher (Restless Soul / Push/FM, UK) – Love The Song. MdCL for me though; deep, effortless style that leaves you short of breath, it’s LA meets Europe Meets MaShi.
• Lars Behrenroth (Deeper Shades of House radio, LA) – The MdCL mix is really nice… Will get it on one of the next shows! … Solid house music.
• DJ Raymundo Rodriguez (Jaded, UK) – It’s all about the McDL instrumental mix for me, lovely vibes.
• Will Sumsuch (Urban Torque / Etoka Records, UK) – Solid package with a strong vocal- I like it. Mark de Clive Lowe remix and instrumental are the versions for me. Thanks for sending.
• Ralf Gum (GoGo Music, Germany) – Many thanks for the promo! The MDCL mix is quite nice and fits well in my sets.
• Mark (Soul Buggin’ DJ/Promoter, UK) – I’ll play the MdCL mix this… at Soul Buggin’. Keep up the good work.
• DJ Cooly G (HyperDub, UK) – Tracks are fine. Dubstep version dub is good
• SD (Soul To Unite radio/SS radio Estonia) – Really feeling the original and MdCL remixes. Top marks for the track, will feature on Soul to Unite Radio Hour for sure.
• Sy Sez (Colourful/Soul Heaven/AphroDisiax, UK) – What an amazing track! MDCL mix is on point as ever but the original LOVESICK mix just pips it for me! Got my full support on my weekly show on Colourful Radio.